BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Assists with the operations and maintenance of the Montgomery Village Foundation (MVF) facilities, which includes six outdoor swimming pools, and community centers, to ensure that all facilities meet the needs of the Montgomery Village community.
- Assists with the maintenance of all MVF swimming pools including managing preseason renovations and maintenance as well as post season winterization of facilities. Supervises contractors when appropriate.
- Attends project management meetings, and manages pool and facility projects which are assigned by the Facility and Aquatics Manager. *
- Assists with the operation and maintenance of MVF community centers. This includes regular inspections of facilities and pools and creating action lists for staff to execute. *
- Assists with preparation of annual operating budget and reserves budgets. *
- Performs duties of pool supervisor, conduct pool inspections, audits and on-site drills. Monitors staff to ensure that reasonable safety precautions are taken. *
- Assists in preparing swimming pools for Health Department inspections. Attends inspections. *
- Assist with sourcing and biding equipment, supplies and contract labor for various projects. *
- Inventory, order, organize and deliver pool chemicals, cleaning and other supplies. Maintain a minimum amount of appropriate supplies. Accepts and verifies deliveries. *
- Serves as on-call supervisor during all hours of aquatics facilities operation. *
- Assists with maintaining a hazardous materials database, schedules training for use of these materials and maintains records of employees completing training.
- Assist with training and supervision of temporary pool employees including front desk team members. *
- Assists with planning and conducting ongoing in-service training sessions for pool staff to include both classroom and in-water training. *
- Maintains required ARC Lifeguard instructor certifications and conducts classes.
- Develop, plans, coordinates and supervises aquatic special events and programs, as directed.
- Assists with Village-wide special events as needed.
- Performs pool operating or lifeguarding duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of pool and building maintenance procedures.
- Ability to train and supervise part-time staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to work various hours including evenings and weekends on regular bases during spring and summer season.
- Thorough knowledge of MVF policies and procedures and the ability to communicate to others.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Denotes Essential Job Duty
- Bachelor's Degree and three years of full-time experience, or any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Thorough knowledge of operation requirements of swimming pools required.
- Must possess valid driver's license required.
- Montgomery County Pool Operators License or ability to obtain within first six months of employment required.
- ARC Lifeguard Instructor certification or ability obtain one within first six months of employment required.
- ARC Lifeguard and CPR/FPR and first aid certification or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in a similar work setting.