Responsible for teaching “Learn to Swim” lessons based on thorough knowledge of the Montgomery Village Foundation’s (MVF) curriculum. Functions as mentor to less experienced instructors.
- Provides “Learn to Swim” instruction to registered participants.
- Functions as a mentor to less experienced swim instructors.
- Responsible for maintaining safe environment to teach in and enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents.
- Evaluates participants’ progress. Completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provides customer service. Interacts with parents/guardians on participants’ swimming progress.
- Helps with planning and implementing programs.
- Assists with the class area, set up and clean up. Ensure proper storage of all swim lesson equipment.
- Reports incidents to aquatics manager and pool staff. Completes required documentation.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to independently teach assigned classes based on the MVF’s “Learn to Swim” curriculum
- Ability to develop and mentor less experienced instructors in a positive fashion.
- Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate swimming techniques to participants.
- Ability to adapt to participants’ different learning styles.
- Ability to work outdoors in variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective public relations with participants and parents/guardians.
- Age 17+
- ARC WSI Instructor Certificate
- At least two seasons of prior experience teaching “Learn to Swim” lessons or equivalent instructional experience.
- Ability to pass swim test.
- Valid ARC or Lifeguarding, CPR/AED for Lifeguards and First Aid Certificates
- Experience in teaching adaptive aquatics.
- Ability to work until Labor Day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.