Montgomery Village Foundation Office open; some staff continue remote work
Since March, Montgomery Village Foundation’s (MVF) priority has been maintaining safe environments for our residents, staff, program participants and community visitors. We continue to monitor the changing climate around COVID-19 health concerns and are following state, county and local jurisdiction lead for reopening procedures.
With Montgomery County in Phase 2, MVF is able to resume some business operations with COVID-19 protocols in place. The MVF Office is open, however, we kindly ask that residents and visitors to the office take all the below operating conditions into account when coming to the office. Many services are still available without the need for in-person contact.
- Signage will be posted reminding visitors of all operational changes.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or who has been exposed to COVID-19 should not enter the building.
- All persons over the age of 2 must wear a face covering when inside the building.
- Only 4 persons will be allowed in the lobby area at a time.
- Visitors must maintain a 6-foot distance from each other and staff wherever possible.
- Partitions have been set up at the front desk for the protection of staff and visitors.
- High-contact surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- In-person meetings will be replaced with phone calls, emails or conference calls wherever applicable.
While the office may be open, many employees will continue to telework to reduce the number of staff in the office at any given time. Residents should strongly consider if the business they need can be done over the phone or by e-mail before coming to the office. It is possible the person you wish to speak with may be teleworking and not in the office.
Payments for assessments, classes or other items can be made in a number of ways. We encourage residents to find ways that involve the least amount of contact.
- Check payments can be put in the brown drop box in the Apple Ridge Parking Lot; assessment payments by check can also be mailed with payment coupons to the lockbox.
- Electronic assessment payments can be set up through Mutual of Omaha bank, via the MVF website.
- Credit Card payments can be taken over the phone.
- For individual account questions, e-mail the Assessment and Collections Administrator Mary Holmes
- MVF parks and playgrounds will be open for use. Any specific restrictions or guidelines can be found here.
- Basketball hoops will be reinstalled at courts where previously removed.
- Pavilion rentals will not be available at this time.
Programs and Activities
- As allowed under restrictions, some programs and activities can resume, or be modified for limited participation. Please be patient while we get these up and running, and check back frequently for the latest offerings.
For more information or questions, e-mail Director of Recreation and Parks Duncan Mullis.
- Review Property Improvement Request (PIR) applications
- Perform legally required resale inspections
- Answer resident inquiries via e-mail/the website
Please note: PIR forms are only being accepted online at www.montgomeryvillage.com/pir.
Post-completion inspections as well as scheduled inspections, follow-up inspections, and reported violation inspections will resume.
While our staff is working remotely, we appreciate residents’ patience if it takes us longer than usual to return messages and distribute decision letters. If you have questions about services being provided, please e-mail Architectural Standards Department’s Administrative Assistant Claudia Olmedo or Acting Director of Architectural Standards Dee Wirth.
Community Management will continue to provide services with in-house staff.
- Answering resident calls and e-mails (regular and emergency)
- Maintaining general community functions
- Community inspections and necessary maintenance work (trees/landscaping)
- Security/parking enforcement
- Light outage reporting
- Preparing monthly financials/usual financial operations
- Weekly conference calls with board presidents
- Processing resale packet information
- Information packets and meeting information will continue to be distributed electronically.
- Covenant violation inspections will resume.
For more information or questions, e-mail Director of Community Management Karen Kodjanian, or your community manager. For community information, including if MVF manages your community and/or who your community manager is, visit www.montgomeryvillage.com/communities/village-communities.
Thank you for your continued patience and support while we all strive to keep our friends, neighbors and families safe during this challenging time and navigate best practices while we slowly reopen.