What do beer and lightbulbs have in common? They both come in a variety of colors! Come find out what color light bulb you should have in every room of your house and then order a beer in that hue!
During the months of FeBREWary and March, Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection Energy Programs is partnering with local breweries. These events will show residents how to reduce their energy bills, switch to LED bulbs and keep money in their pocket all while enjoying a cold brew.
Residents are encouraged to bring their old incandescent and CFL bulbs to the event to swap them for LED bulbs. You can bring as many bulbs as you like to the event, but there is a 3 to 4 bulb maximum per person for new LEDs.
During February and March, DEP will be visiting the following breweries in Montgomery County, please join us at one of these locations:
- Sunday, Feb. 17 from noon to 4 p.m. at Denizen’s Brewing Company, 1115 East-West Highway, Silver Spring
- Thursday, Feb. 28 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Silver Branch Brewing, 8401 Colesville Road #150, Silver Spring
- Friday, March 1 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Saints Row Brewing, 1211 Taft Street, Rockville
- Thursday, March 7 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Waredaca Brewing, 4017 Damascus Road, Gaithersburg
- Friday, March 8 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at 7 Locks Brewing, 12227 Wilkins Avenue, Rockville
- Thursday, March 14 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Brookeville Beer Farm, 20315 Georgia Avenue, Brookeville